- 4 slices Dempster’s® White Bread
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) butter, divided
- 2 apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) brown sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) whipped cream or vanilla yogurt
Melt 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter in large nonstick skillet set over medium heat; add apples, sugar, lemon juice and half of the cinnamon. Increase heat to medium-high; cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until apples are tender and sauce is thickened and syrupy.
Whisk together milk, eggs, vanilla, salt and remaining cinnamon in shallow baking dish. Heat remaining butter in large nonstick skillet set over medium heat; dip bread slices into egg mixture, coating completely. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until golden brown. Spoon sautéed apples and whipped cream over French toast.
Tip: You can use substitute maple syrup for the brown sugar when cooking the apples if desired.