- 4 Dempster’s® Garden Vegetable Tortillas (10-inch), each cut into 8 wedges
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- Roasted Carrot Hummus:
- 1 head garlic
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) chunks (about 1¼ cups/300 mL)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) pepper
- 1 can (540 mL) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) tahini paste
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cumin
- Pinch cayenne pepper
Roasted Carrot Hummus: Cut just tip from head of garlic; drizzle with 1 tsp (5 mL) of the oil. Wrap in foil; bake in 400°F (200°C) oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until soft and tender.
Toss carrots with 2 tbsp of the oil (30 mL) and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper; arrange in single layer on baking sheet. Bake, turning once, for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and tender. Cool garlic and carrots completely.
Squeeze garlic cloves into food processor; add roasted carrots, chick-peas, tahini, lemon juice, cumin and remaining oil, salt and pepper. Pulse until smooth; transfer hummus to serving bowl and sprinkle with cayenne pepper.
Toss together tortilla wedges, oil, salt, garlic powder and pepper; arrange in single layer on large baking sheet. Bake in 400°F (200°C) oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown and crispy; cool completely. Serve with Roasted Carrot Hummus.