- 8 slices Dempster’s® 100% Whole Grains Ancient Grains with Quinoa
- 1 beet (about 6 oz/175 g)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt, divided
- 1 can (796 mL) no salt added chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) tahini paste
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 baby cucumbers, sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pomegranate seeds
Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
Rub beet with 1 tsp (5 mL) oil and sprinkle with pinch of salt.
Wrap in foil; bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until fork-tender.
Let cool; peel and chop.
In blender, purée chickpeas, chopped beet, tahini, lemon juice, cumin, garlic, cayenne, and remaining olive oil and salt.
With motor running, slowly add 1 cup (250 mL) cold water, blending until light and creamy.
Toast bread; spread 2 tbsp (30 mL) hummus over each slice of toast.
Top with cucumbers, pumpkin seeds and pomegranate seeds.