- 4 slices Dempster’s® 100% Whole Wheat Bread
- 4 slices aged Cheddar cheese
- 4 slices cooked bacon
- 2 eggs, scrambled
- 2 tsp (10 mL) butter
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) mayonnaise
- 2 tsp (10 mL) maple syrup
Place 1 cheese slice on each of 2 bread slices; top evenly with bacon, scrambled eggs and remaining cheese slices. Cap with remaining bread. Butter outside bread slices of each sandwich.
Preheat large skillet over medium-low heat; cook sandwiches for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until bread is golden brown and cheese melts. Cut each sandwich in half.
Stir mayonnaise with maple syrup. Serve with sandwiches for dipping.
• For a tangy maple-mayonnaise dip, stir in 1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard.
• Add a little arugula to the sandwich if desired.