- Crispy Tofu:
- 2 slices Dempster's Ancient Grains with Quinoa, toasted and cooled completely
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each garlic powder and ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 12 oz (350 g) extra-firm tofu, drained well
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) canola oil
- Ginger Avocado Dressing:
- 1/2 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tsp (10 mL) minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) honey
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) sriracha hot sauce (optional)
- Buddah Bowl:
- 6 oz (170 g) soba noodles, cooked according to package directions
- 2 cups (500 mL) broccoli florets, steamed
- 1 cup (250 mL) shelled edamame, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded red cabbage
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) toasted sesame seeds
Crispy Tofu: In food processor, combine toast, garlic powder, ginger, salt and pepper; pulse until coarsely ground. Transfer to shallow dish; stir in green onion.
Pat tofu dry with paper towel; cut into 16 strips (2- x 1/2-inch/5 x 1 cm). Place flour, eggs and bread crumb mixture in three separate shallow bowls. Toss tofu in flour, then dip in egg, shaking off excess, then coat in bread crumb mixture.
Heat oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook tofu, in batches, for about 2 minutes per side or until crispy and golden. Drain on paper towels.
Ginger Avocado Dressing: In small food processor, combine avocado, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, sesame oil, honey, and hot sauce (if using); blend until smooth.
Buddah Bowl: Toss soba noodles with dressing. Divide noodles among 4 bowls. Arrange broccoli, edamame and cabbage over noodles. Top with Crispy Tofu and sesame seeds.
Tip: The bread crumb coating is also delicious on chicken or fish.