- 12 Dempster’s® Deluxe Brioche Style Pull-Aparts Rolls, cubed
- 1/4 cup (30 mL) butter, divided
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 3 large onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper, divided
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped fresh sage
- 2 tsp (10 mL) finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sodium-reduced chicken broth
Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
Melt half of the butter; toss with cubed rolls.
Arrange in single layer on parchment paper–lined baking sheet.
Bake for 5 to 8 minutes or until lightly toasted; let cool completely.
Meanwhile, melt remaining butter in large skillet set over medium heat; cook bacon for 5 to 8 minutes or until golden and crisp around edges.
Using slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towel–lined baking plate; set aside.
In same skillet set over medium heat, cook onions and half of the salt and pepper for 8 to 10 minutes or until slightly softened.
Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring frequently, for about 15 minutes or until starting to caramelize.
Stir in celery, sage rosemary and garlic; cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until onions are caramelized and dark golden brown.
Increase oven to 375˚F (190˚C).
Toss together bread, caramelized onion mixture, broth, bacon and remaining salt and pepper.
Spoon into greased 9-inch (23 cm) square baking dish.
Cover with foil; bake for 20 minutes.
Remove foil; bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown and heated through.