- 4 slices Dempster’s ® Gluten Zero White Bread
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) each butter and olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tsp (10 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) lemon zest
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chopped capers
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) arugula
- 1 tomato, sliced
Slice chicken breast in half horizontally to make two thin scallopini; season with salt and pepper. In skillet, heat butter and oil over medium heat; sauté chicken for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until golden and no longer pink inside.
Mix together mayonnaise, lemon juice, lemon zest and capers; spread over half of the slices of bread. Top with arugula, tomatoes and chicken; cap with remaining bread.