- 4 Dempster’s® Coffee & Cream Bagels
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) toasted pecan pieces
- 3 cups (750 mL) milk
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter, melted
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground nutmeg
- Pinch salt
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Grease 8-inch (20 cm) square baking dish.
2. Tear bagels into bite-size pieces. Toss with blueberries and pecans. Arrange in even layer in prepared dish.
3. Whisk together milk, eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar, melted butter, cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg and salt. Pour evenly over bagel pieces. Let stand for 10 minutes.
4. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until set in the centre and golden brown around edges. Let cool slightly; serve warm with maple syrup.