- 4 slices Dempster’s ® Gluten Zero White Bread
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) cornmeal
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp (5 mL) lime zest
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) paprika
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1 tilapia filet (about 8 oz)
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) mayonnaise
- 1 tsp (5 mL) lime juice
- 2 leaves leaf or Bibb lettuce
- 4 tomato slices
- Dash hot sauce (optional)
In skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat for 7 minutes or until crisp; drain on paper towel–lined plate. Discard fat.
Mix together cornmeal, parsley, half of the lime zest, paprika and half of the salt and pepper; dredge tilapia filet.
In same skillet, heat oil over medium heat; fry tilapia for about 3 minutes per side or until cooked through and fish flakes easily with fork.
Mix mayonnaise with remaining salt and pepper, remaining lime zest, and lime juice; spread over half of the bread slices. Layer lettuce, bacon, half of the tilapia filet and tomato over top; season with hot sauce if using. Cap with remaining bread.