- 2 slices Dempster’s® Whole Grains Bread, toasted
- 4 tsp (20 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp (5 mL) garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced into 1/4-inch (5 mm) thick rounds
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C). In food processor, pulse toasted bread to make crumbs. Transfer to shallow bowl; toss with parsley and garlic powder.
In separate bowl, lightly beat eggs; one at a time, dip zucchini rounds into egg mixture and dredge in bread crumb mixture, pressing to adhere. Arrange on parchment paper–lined baking sheet; drizzle with oil.
Bake, turning halfway through, for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden and tender; let cool slightly. Sprinkle half of the zucchini rounds with cheese. Sandwich with remaining rounds. Return to oven and bake for about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and sandwiches are crispy.
Tip: Serve with warmed marinara sauce for dipping, or serve as a side dish for dinner.