- 6 slices Dempster’s® 100% Whole Grains 12 Grain Bread, cut into 1/2-inch (1 cm) cubes
- 4 cups (1 L) diced butternut squash
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) melted coconut oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper, divided
- Pinch hot pepper flakes
- 1 bunch rapini, trimmed and chopped
- 1 can (398 mL) white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (398 mL) bean medley, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sodium-reduced vegetable broth
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tsp (20 mL) finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) grated vegan Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 425 ˚F (220 ˚C).
Toss together butternut squash, 2 tbsp (30 mL) coconut oil, 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper, and hot pepper flakes.
Transfer to 13- x 9-inch (3.5 L) baking dish; bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until squash starts to brown.
Toss together chopped rapini, and remaining coconut oil, salt and pepper.
Layer over butternut squash; sprinkle bread cubes over top.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until rapini starts to char and bread starts to toast.
Meanwhile, mash white beans until smooth; set aside.
Toss together bean medley, broth, garlic and rosemary; set aside.
Layer mashed beans on top of casserole.
Top with bean medley and vegan Parmesan cheese; bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and crispy on top.