- 8 slices Dempster’s® White Bread (day-old)
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) milk
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) granulated sugar
- Pinch salt
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) maple syrup
- Icing sugar, for dusting
In shallow bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, sugar and salt.
Melt half of the butter in large nonstick skillet set over medium heat.
In batches, dip bread slices into egg mixture; cook for 3 to 5 minutes per side or until golden brown, adding remaining butter as needed.
Serve French toast with maple syrup and a dusting of icing sugar.