- 4 Dempster’s® Original Hamburger Buns
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) canola oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) each chopped red and green peppers
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped onion
- 4 prepared beef burgers
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Tex-Mex cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) salsa
In skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; sauté red and green peppers and onion for about 5 minutes or until tender.
Meanwhile preheat grill; grease grate well. Cook burgers according to package directions, adding cheese in last 2 minutes of grilling time. Grill buns for 30 to 60 seconds per side or until lightly toasted.
Assemble cheeseburgers in buns with peppers and onion mixture, and salsa.
Tip: Substitute Cheddar for Tex-Mex cheese if desired.
Tip: For a spicy mix, add a jalapeno pepper to the sautéed peppers and onion.