- 2 Dempster’s® Sesame Bagels, split
- 2 cups (500 mL) small cauliflower florets
- 1 cup (250 mL) canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) smoked paprika
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and mashed
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) pomegranate seeds
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley
Preheat oven to 450˚F (230˚C).
Toss together cauliflower, chickpeas, oil, garlic, salt, pepper and smoked paprika.
Arrange in single layer on parchment paper–lined baking sheet.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and tender.
Preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grate well.
Grill bagels, cut sides down, for 1 to 2 minutes or until grill-marked and toasted.
Mix mashed avocado with lemon juice; spread over each bagel half.
Top with roasted cauliflower mixture.
Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and parsley.