- 4 slices Dempster’s® White Bread
- 4 tsp (20 mL) mayonnaise
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sriracha hot sauce
- 4 slices Cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp (10 mL) butter
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) sour cream
- 1 green onion, finely sliced
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) garlic powder
Stir mayonnaise with sriracha; spread evenly over 2 bread slices. Top each with 2 cheese slices. Cap with remaining bread. Butter outside bread slices of each sandwich.
Preheat large skillet over medium-low heat; cook sandwiches for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until bread is golden brown and cheese melts. Cut each sandwich into 4 strips.
Meanwhile, stir together sour cream, green onion and garlic powder. Serve with grilled cheese strips for dipping.
• Omit sriracha hot sauce and use ketchup if desired.
• Remove the crusts from the sandwich for a more dainty dipper.