- 4 Dempster’s Original Hot Dog Buns
- 4 all-beef hot dogs
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) diced roasted red pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) diced white onion
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) white wine vinegar
- Pinch each salt and pepper
- Chopped black olives (optional)
- Pickled hot pepper rings (optional)
1. Grill hot dogs according to package directions. Toss together tomato, roasted red pepper, onion, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
2. Assemble hot dogs in buns with tomato mixture, and olives and hot peppers (if using).
Tip: Add your favourite condiments, such as relish, ketchup, mustard, bacon bits or pickles, to these hot dogs if desired.