- Window Sandwiches:
- 8 slices Dempster’s® White Bread
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh arugula
- 36 thin slices cucumber
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lime juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced onion
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground cumin
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped fresh cilantro
Window Sandwiches: Using a 2-inch cookie cutter, cut desired shape in the centre of 4 bread slices; set aside, reserving cutouts for another use.
Guacamole: Mash together avocado, lime juice, onion, salt and cumin. Stir in cilantro.
Top remaining 4 slices of bread with arugula, cucumber and Guacamole. Top with cut-out slices of bread. Cut crusts from sandwiches, if desired.
Tip:Toast the reserved cutouts to serve as crackers with soup or chili.