- 3 slices Prosciutto
- 2 slices Cheddar cheese
- 4 slices Dempster’s Soft Slice® Thick Slice Bread
- 2-3 tbsp (30-45 mL) Softened butter
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Loosely packed arugula
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and roughly chopped
PREHEAT oven to 375°F (190°C). ARRANGE prosciutto flat on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake for about 8 minutes or until crispy. Remove from the oven and set aside. PLACE a slice of cheese on two of the slices of bread. Top with the second slice of bread. Butter the outside of the two sandwiches. HEAT a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Grill the sandwiches for 2-3 minutes per side or until golden brown and the cheese has melted. Remove from the pan. ASSEMBLE the sandwich by spreading one of the sandwiches with mayonnaise. Top with arugula, sun-dried tomatoes and the prosciutto slices. Top with the remaining grilled cheese sandwich to create a double-decker, crispy sandwich.