- 8 grilled tiger shrimp (26–30 count), divided
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp. chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 tsp. fresh lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 slices Dempster’s Whole Grains Multigrain (Sunflower and Pumpkin) bread
- 4 TBS. light cream cheese, divided
- 2 TBS. bottled salsa (as hot as you like)
- 2 tsp. red bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 tsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
Combine all marinade ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Add whole shrimp and marinate for 10–15 minutes.
Preheat grill pan or BBQ to medium-high temperature. Grill shrimp for 2–3 minutes each side or until firm and dark pink; then set aside (Remove tails and discard).
Combine cream cheese and salsa until evenly blended.
Place two slices Dempster’s Whole Grains Multigrain (Sunflower and Pumpkin) bread on a cutting board. Divide cream cheese salsa mixture evenly between each slice and spread evenly. Top with 4 shrimp per slice; then sprinkle with diced bell pepper and fresh cilantro.
** Vegetarians can enjoy this sandwich without the shrimp.
PER SERVING: Energy 230 calories; calories from Fat 80 g; Protein 14 g; Carbohydrates 22 g; Dietary Fibre 3 g; Fat 8 g; Sat. Fat 3 g; Sugar 3 g; Cholesterol 65 mg; Sodium 450 mg; Vit. A 8%; Vit. C 8%; Calcium 8%; Iron 10%