- 12 slices Dempster's® 100% Whole Wheat Bread, toasted
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) mayonnaise
- 2 lb (1 kg) cooked strip loin steak, sliced
- 8 slices aged Cheddar cheese
- 16 slices bacon, cooked and divided
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sliced pickled jalapeño peppers
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 8 6-inch (15 cm) skewers
Heat oil in skillet set over medium heat. Sprinkle onions with salt and pepper; sauté onions for 10 to 15 minutes or until caramelized.
Spread mayonnaise evenly over 4 slices of toasted bread. Top with steak, cheese, and half the bacon; top with another slice of bread. Top with remaining bacon, onions, jalapenos, tomato and lettuce. Cap with remaining bread. Insert one skewer in each half of sandwich and cut in half diagonally.