Quick Salmon Salad Melt on an Everything Bun
Take lunch to a new level with our Quick Salmon Salad Melt on an Everything Bun. Salmon salad is enhanced with a savoury dressing that pairs perfectly with Dempster’s® Signature Everything Buns. Serves two.
- 2 Dempster’s® Signature Everything Buns
- 2 cans (142 g each) salmon, drained and flaked
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) diced red onion
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) poppy seeds
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) dried garlic flakes
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) dried onion flakes
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 4 slices Cheddar cheese
- Preheat broiler. Split buns; arrange on foil-lined baking sheet. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Stir together salmon, yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard, celery, onion, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, garlic flakes and onion flakes. Season with salt.
- Divide salmon salad mixture among bun halves; top with cheese slices. Broil for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
• Add tomato slices to salmon melt if desired; serve with pickle spears.
• Substitute canned tuna for salmon if preferred.