Quick Salmon Salad Melt on an Everything Bun
Take lunch to a new level with our Quick Salmon Salad Melt on an Everything Bun. Salmon salad is enhanced with a savoury dressing that pairs perfectly with Dempster’s® Signature Everything Buns. Serves two.
INGREDIENTS2 Dempster’s® Signature Everything Buns 2 cans (142 g each) salmon, drained and flaked 1/4 cup (60 mL) plain Greek yogurt 2 tbsp (30 mL) mayonnaise 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard 1 stalk celery, diced 2 tbsp (30 mL) diced red onion 1 tbsp (15 mL) toasted sesame seeds 1 tbsp (15 mL) poppy seeds 1/4 tsp (1 mL) dried garlic flakes 1/4 tsp (1 mL) dried onion flakes 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt 4 slices Cheddar cheese
- Preheat broiler. Split buns; arrange on foil-lined baking sheet. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Stir together salmon, yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard, celery, onion, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, garlic flakes and onion flakes. Season with salt.
- Divide salmon salad mixture among bun halves; top with cheese slices. Broil for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
• Add tomato slices to salmon melt if desired; serve with pickle spears.
• Substitute canned tuna for salmon if preferred.