- 6 slices Dempster’s® 100% Whole Wheat Bread, cubed (approx.)
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 2 cups (500 mL) diced pumpkin
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) olive oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper, divided
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pumpkin purée
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped fresh sage
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) grainy mustard
Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
Arrange bread cubes on parchment paper–lined baking sheet; bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly toasted and dry.
Let cool completely and transfer to large bowl.
Increase oven temperature to 400˚F (200˚C).
Toss together apples, pumpkin, onion, 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil, and half of the salt and pepper.
Transfer to parchment paper–lined baking sheet; bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and tender.
Toss together bread, roasted apple mixture, vegetable broth, pumpkin purée, sage, remaining olive oil, mustard, and remaining salt and pepper until well coated (mixture should be moist but not soggy; if necessary, add a few extra bread cubes).
Spoon stuffing into greased 8-inch (20 cm) square baking dish; cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
Remove foil; bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown and heated through.