- 2 cups (500 mL) chopped roasted sweet potato
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) tahini paste
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 8 slices Dempster’s® White Bread
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) olive oil
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) paprika
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
Hummus: In food processor, blend together sweet potatoes, chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper until smooth, scraping down sides if necessary.
Toasts: Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Trim crusts from bread; cut in half to form triangles. Toss together bread triangles, olive oil, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper; arrange in single layer on baking sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Let cool completely. Serve with hummus.
Tip: Cover and refrigerate hummus for up to 3 days.