- 4 slices Dempster’s® 100% Whole Wheat Bread, cubed
- 2 cups (500 mL) leftover stuffing
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) leftover mashed potatoes
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sodium-reduced vegetable broth (approx.)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) each finely chopped fresh chives and parsley
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
Stir together bread, stuffing, mashed potatoes, broth, oil, chives and parsley until well combined (if mixture is dry, add up to 2 tbsp/30 mL more broth; mixture should be moist but not soggy).
Preheat waffle iron according to manufacturer’s instructions.
Spoon stuffing mixture into waffle iron to cover about two-thirds of the grid surface.
Close lid; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until steam stops emerging from waffle iron and waffles are golden brown and heated through.
Repeat with remaining waffle batter.
Divide waffles among 4 plates; sprinkle with green onions.