- 4 oz (125 g) crab meat (lump, flake or canned), drained well
- 4 oz (125 g) peeled deveined shrimp, tails removed
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sriracha hot sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced and divided
- 6 slices Dempster’s® White Bread
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) canola oil
In food processor, combine crab meat, shrimp, sriracha, ginger, sesame oil, fish sauce, salt and half of the green onions; mix until smooth.
Spread mixture evenly over bread slices to cover entire surface of bread. Cut each slice into 4 triangles. Dip the tops of each triangle in sesame seeds to coat.
Heat oil in large skillet set over medium-high heat; working in batches, pan-fry toasts, sesame seed side down, for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden. Turn over; cook for about 1 minute or until bread is golden brown. Sprinkle with remaining green onions.
Cut bread into strips or squares if desired.
Alternatively, sprinkle with cilantro.
Use white and black sesame seeds for variation if desired.