- 1/2 cup light spreadable cream cheese
- 4 radishes finely chopped
- 2 tbsp each fresh chives and dill
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Pinch each salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 8 slices Dempster's Whole Grain bread
- 1/4 English cucumber, thinly sliced
COMBINE cream cheese, radishes, chives, dill, lemon, zest and juice, salt and pepper in a bowl. Stir well.
ROLL out each slice of bread to flatten, with a rolling pin, large can or heavy glass.
SPREAD about 2 tbsp of the cream cheese mixture over each slice of flattened bread, leaving a 1/4 inch border at the top.
COVER with slices of cucumber.
ROLL up each piece, jelly roll style and wrap in plastic to maintain shape.
SLICE into 1-inch pieces with a serrated knife and serve.