- 8 slices Dempster’s® 100% Whole Grains 12-Grain Bread, toasted
- 2 cups (500 mL) egg whites
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil, divided
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) finely chopped onion
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) mayonnaise
- 4 slices turkey
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 tomato, sliced
Whisk together egg whites, salt and pepper; set aside. In 8-inch (20 cm) nonstick skillet, heat half of the oil over medium heat; cook onion for 2 or 3 minutes or until tender. Add spinach; cook for about 2 minutes or until wilted. Stir into egg white mixture.
Stir remaining oil into skillet until heated; pour in egg white mixture. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until starting to set around edges; flip over and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until fully set.
Spread mayonnaise evenly over 4 slices of bread. Cut omelette into 4 portions; divide evenly over mayonnaise. Top with turkey, cheese and tomato slices. Cap with remaining bread.
Tip: These omelettes are also delicious made with mozzarella or aged white Cheddar cheese.