- 4 slices Dempster's Whole Wheat® Bread, toasted
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) olive oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) chili flakes
- 1 pkg (150 g) baby spinach
- 8 oz (250 g) spaghetti or linguini, cooked according to package directions
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
Tear bread and place in food processor; pulse until finely ground. Heat half of the oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook bread crumbs for about 3 minutes or until golden brown and toasted. Transfer to plate.
Heat remaining oil in skillet set over medium heat; cook garlic and chili flakes for about 1 minute or until garlic is softened. Stir in spinach; cook for about 2 minutes or until just starting to wilt. Add cooked pasta, salt and pepper; toss well. Add bread crumbs; toss until well coated. Divide evenly among 4 plates.
• Serve with grated Parmesan cheese.
• Substitute kale for spinach if desired.