- 4 Dempster’s® Ancient Grains Tortillas 10-in.
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 lb (500 g) ground turkey
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chili powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely chopped onion
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup (250 mL) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated carrot
- 8 slices provolone cheese
In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; cook ground turkey, chili powder, salt and pepper for 5 to 8 minutes or until browned.
Stir in onion, red pepper, zucchini and garlic; cook, stirring, for 4 to 5 minutes or until vegetables soften. Stir in tomato sauce, barbecue sauce and carrot; bring to simmer. Reduce heat to low; cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until thickened and veggies are tender.
Arrange tortillas on clean work surface. Place provolone cheese in centre of each tortilla; top evenly with turkey mixture. Fold up bottom of tortilla over filling, then fold in sides and roll up tightly.