- 4 Dempster’s® 100% Whole Wheat 8” Tortillas
- 1 tsp (5 mL) each ground cumin, ginger and paprika
- 1 tsp (5 mL) each salt and pepper, divided
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each ground cinnamon and coriander
- Pinch each ground allspice, cloves and cayenne pepper
- 6 cups (1.5 L) small cauliflower florets
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 can (398 mL) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) lemon juice, divided
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) tahini paste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded lettuce
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) pico de gallo sauce
Preheat oven to 425˚F (220˚C).
Stir together cumin, ginger, paprika, 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper, brown sugar, cinnamon, coriander, allspice, cloves and cayenne pepper.
Toss together cauliflower, oil and 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the spice mixture.
Arrange in single layer on parchment paper–lined baking sheet.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and tender.
Meanwhile, in blender, mix together beans, 2 tbsp (30 mL) water, 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice, and remaining spice mixture until coarsely ground.
Whisk together tahini paste, remaining lemon juice, garlic, and remaining salt and pepper until smooth.
Assemble tortillas with black bean mixture, roasted cauliflower, lettuce and pico de gallo.
Drizzle with tahini sauce.