- Tombstone Toasts:
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) ground cinnamon
- 12 slices Dempster's® White Bread
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) butter, melted
- Prepared vanilla frosting
- Pumpkin Spice Dip:
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) pumpkin purée
- 1 pkg (227 g) whipped cream cheese, softened
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) white chocolate chips
- 4 tsp (20 mL) chopped toasted pecans
Tombstone Toasts: Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Mix together sugar and cinnamon. Roll each slice of bread into 1/8-inch (2.5 mm) thickness using a rolling pin. Cut out shapes using a tombstone-shaped cookie cutter, cutting two from each slice.
Brush cutouts with melted butter and place on parchment paper–lined baking sheet. Bake, turning halfway through, for 12 to 13 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Toss in cinnamon-sugar mixture. Let cool slightly; pipe decorations onto tombstones with prepared frosting.
Pumpkin Spice Dip: Fold together pumpkin purée, cream cheese, maple syrup and pumpkin pie spice until smooth and well combined. Transfer to ovenproof serving dish; bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until warmed through. Garnish with white chocolate chips and pecans. Serve with Tombstone Toasts for dipping.