- 4 Dempster’s® Ancient Grains 10” Tortillas
- 1 can (19 oz) white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) tomato salsa, divided
- 4 thinly sliced red onion rounds, separated
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) vegan sour cream, for serving
Smash white beans with potato masher.
Stir in cilantro, lime juice, garlic, salt and pepper.
Spread over half of each tortilla; top each with avocado slices, 1 tbsp (15 mL) salsa and red onion round.
Fold tortilla over to enclose filling.
Brush half of the oil over bottom of large skillet set over medium heat; in four batches, cook quesadillas for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until golden brown and filling is heated through, brushing with remaining oil as needed.
Cut each quesadilla into 3 wedges.
Serve with vegan sour cream and remaining salsa.