Bacon and Egg Tortilla Breakfast Wraps
Preparation 5 min
Total 15 min
Classic breakfast fare gets a twist in these Bacon and Egg Tortilla Breakfast Wraps. Enjoy crispy bacon, scrambled egg and your favourite toppings all rolled up in a Dempster’s® Original 10” Tortilla. It's a convenient on-the-go breakfast option you can enjoy on your morning commute. Serves four.
- 4 Dempster's® Original 10" Tortillas
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) cooked and crumbled bacon
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) ketchup
- Whisk eggs with 2 tbsp (30 mL) water, salt and pepper. In large, nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-low heat. Pour in egg mixture; cook, stirring constantly, for 5 to 7 minutes or until eggs are soft and just set.
- Spoon scrambled eggs along centre of each tortilla, leaving a small border at each end. Top with mozzarella, bacon and ketchup. Fold up bottom of tortilla over filling, then fold in sides and roll up tightly.
Tip: If desired, heat wraps in a panini press until lightly toasted and cheese melts.