Blueberry French Toast Breakfast Muffins
Blueberry French Toast Breakfast Muffins are a quick grab-and-go breakfast or a sweet mid-day treat. Easy to make, this recipe uses Dempster’s® White Bread as the base, then adds fresh blueberries for a burst of colour and flavour. A warm cream cheese centre provides a delectable touch that'll have you coming back for more. Serves four.
- 8 slices Dempster's® White Bread, cubed
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) 18% table cream
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) honey
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) blueberries
- 4 oz (125 g) brick-style plain cream cheese, cut into 8 cubes
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In large bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, honey, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Add bread cubes, tossing until well coated.
- Stir in blueberries.
- Divide mixture among 8 greased muffin cups.
- Place cube of cream cheese in centre of each muffin.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until puffed, golden on top and cream cheese melts.