- 2 tbsp (30 mL) canola oil
- 8 slices peameal bacon
- 4 eggs
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and sliced
- 1 beefsteak tomato, sliced
- 4 slices Cheddar cheese
- 8 slices Dempster’s® White Bread, toasted
- 4 cups (1 L) mixed fruit (such as cantaloupe, honeydew, strawberries, grapes and blueberries)
In large nonstick skillet, heat half of the oil over medium heat; cook bacon for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until browned. Transfer to plate and tent with foil.
Wipe out skillet; heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Crack eggs into skillet, using spatula to keep egg whites from running into each other; cook for 3 minutes or until whites are set and yolks are still runny or until desired doneness.
Layer avocado, tomato, cheese and bacon on half of the pieces of toast; top with fried egg and remaining toast. Serve with fruit salad.