Cinnamon Sugar Tombstone Toasts with Warm Pumpkin Spice Dip
Sugar Tombstone Toasts with Warm Pumpkin Spice Dip are a spooky and sweet addition to snack time. Baked Dempster’s® White Bread adds a satisfying crunch to these Halloween treats, which are complemented by a sweet and creamy pumpkin spice dip. Serves eight.
- 12 slices Dempster's® White Bread
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) butter, melted
- Prepared vanilla frosting
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) pumpkin purée
- 1 pkg (227 g) whipped cream cheese, softened
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) white chocolate chips
- 4 tsp (20 mL) chopped toasted pecans
- Tombstone Toasts: Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Mix together sugar and cinnamon. Roll each slice of bread into 1/8-inch (2.5 mm) thickness using a rolling pin. Cut out shapes using a tombstone-shaped cookie cutter, cutting two from each slice.
- Brush cutouts with melted butter and place on parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake, turning halfway through, for 12 to 13 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Toss in cinnamon-sugar mixture. Let cool slightly; pipe decorations onto tombstones with prepared frosting.
- Pumpkin Spice Dip:
- Fold together pumpkin purée, cream cheese, maple syrup and pumpkin pie spice until smooth and well combined. Transfer to ovenproof serving dish; bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until warmed through. Garnish with white chocolate chips and pecans. Serve with Tombstone Toasts for dipping.