Classic Family Night Beef Tacos
Our Classic Family Night Beef Tacos Recipe is the answer to the "what's for dinner?" question. A spicy and savoury beef filling is served on a Dempster’s® Original 7” Tortilla and finished off with your favourite taco toppings. This easy and satisfying recipe is a great alternative to take-out on hectic weeknights. Serves two.
- 4 Dempster's® Original 7" Tortillas, warmed
- 1/2 lb (227 g) lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chili powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each cumin, garlic powder and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) beef broth or water
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) diced red onion
- HEAT skillet over medium-high heat. Cook beef with chili powder, cumin, garlic and pepper until no longer pink, breaking up beef with the back of a wooden spoon.
- STIR in beef broth and simmer until most of the liquid has been absorbed, about 10 minutes.
- DIVIDE beef mixture between warmed tortillas. Top with cheese, lettuce, tomato and onions. Fold in half to serve.
Tip: Serve with salsa, guacamole, sour cream and fresh jalapeno slices if desired.