- 2 tbsp or 3, (30 45 mL) Olive oil
- 1 lb (450 g) Bunch asparagus, cut into 1” (2.5 cm) pieces
- 2 Shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 (8 oz/277 g) Package cremini mushrooms, sliced Salt and pepper
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1.5 cups (375 mL) Grated Gruyere cheese
- 3 Large Dempster’s® Original Tortillas
HEAT olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add asparagus and sauté 4 5 minutes. Add shallots and mushrooms and continue to cook for another 3 4 minutes or until the asparagus is fork tender and mushrooms and shallots are nicely browned. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. ASSEMBLE quesadillas by placing ¼ cup (60 mL) cheese on half of each tortilla, followed by 1/3 of the asparagus mixture and finally another ¼ cup (60 mL) of cheese on top. Fold the tortillas in half, brush lightly with olive oil on both sides and place in a skillet over medium high heat for 3 4 minutes per side or until golden brown and the cheese has melted.