Mushroom and Asparagus Quesadillas
Preparation 5 min
Total 25 min
This cheesy mushroom and asparagus filled quesadilla makes for a great appetizer!
- 3 Dempster’s® Original 10” Tortillas
- 2-3 tbsp (30-45 mL) Olive oil
- 1 lb (450 g) Bunch asparagus, cut into 1" (2.5 cm) pieces
- 2 Shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 (8 oz/277 g) Package cremini mushrooms, sliced Salt and pepper
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Grated Gruyere cheese
- HEAT olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add asparagus and sauté 4-5 minutes. Add shallots and mushrooms and continue to cook for another 3-4 minutes or until the asparagus is fork tender and mushrooms and shallots are nicely browned. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- ASSEMBLE quesadillas by placing ¼ cup (60 mL) cheese on half of each tortilla, followed by 1/3 of the asparagus mixture and finally another ¼ cup (60 mL) of cheese on top. Fold the tortillas in half, brush lightly with olive oil on both sides and place in a skillet over medium high heat for 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown and the cheese has melted.