- 2 Dempster’s® Deluxe Gold Sausage Buns
- 2 raw chorizo sausages
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) prepared queso cheese sauce, warmed
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) diced avocado
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) tomato salsa
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sour cream
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lightly crushed tortilla chips
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 tsp (20 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
1. Preheat grill to medium; grease grate well. Grill sausages, turning occasionally, for 15 to 18 minutes or until cooked through and instant-read thermometer reaches 160°F (71°C) when inserted into centre of sausage. Meanwhile, grill buns for 60 to 90 seconds or until lightly marked and toasted.
2. Assemble sausages in buns with queso sauce, black beans, avocado, salsa, sour cream, tortilla chips, jalapeño, green onions and cilantro.
Tip: Substitute jumbo ballpark hot dogs for sausages if desired.