Roasted Sweet Potato Burrito
Preparation 15 min
Total 35 min
The pickled onion gives a little crunch and compliments the sweet potatoes making this wrap the perfect way to satisfy a craving. Sweet potatoes can be made ahead of time.
- 2 Dempster’s® Original Tortillas, large
- 1 Sweet Potato, large
- 1 Zucchini, medium
- 3 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 Red Onion, small
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C)
- Thinly slice red onion and place into a bowl with the red wine vinegar and a pinch of salt. Set aside for at least 10 minutes to allow the onions to pickle. (This can be made ahead and stored in the fridge for up to 1 week)
- Cut sweet potato in half and then into 1/2 thick. Toss in 2 tbsp vegetable oil, salt & pepper, and chili powder. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes or until tender flipping once.
- Slice zucchini lengthwise into strips, brush with remaining oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and add to the pan with sweet potato and roast about 10 mins until tender. When the Sweet potato and zucchini are roasted, remove from the oven to let cool and cut cooled zucchini into bite-sized strips.
- To assemble, place tortillas flat and divide the ingredients evenly, beginning with a spread of mayo on the left half side. Then top with sweet potato, zucchini, pickled red onion and cilantro. Fold the right side of the tortilla over to cover.
- In a nonstick pan on medium-low heat, place the wrap’s seam side down on the pan and toast until golden brown about 3 min each side. Serve immediately.