Savoury Steak and Mushroom Tortilla Melt
Indulge in the ooey-gooey goodness of our Savoury Steak and Mushroom Tortilla Melt. A blend of creamy cheese and savoury steak and mushrooms is folded into tasty Dempster’s® Original 10” Tortillas to create the ultimate lunchtime temptation. It's a handy way to make use of leftover steak, and it also tastes great with shaved deli roast. Serves four.
- 4 Dempster’s® Original 10” Tortillas
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 8 cremini or white mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) Italian cheese blend
- 12 oz (375 g) cooked steak, thinly sliced
- IN SKILLET, heat half of the oil over medium-high heat; sauté mushrooms for about 7 minutes or until golden brown and tender.
- SEASON with salt and pepper.
- PLACE 2 tbsp (30 mL) of cheese on one half of each tortilla.
- DIVIDE steak and mushrooms evenly over top; sprinkle remaining cheese evenly over mushrooms.
- FOLD over each tortilla to enclose filling.
- IN LARGE, nonstick skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat; cook, in batches, for 2 or 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese is melted.
Tip: SPREAD Dijon mustard on each tortilla for extra flavor if desired.