Scrambled Egg, Black Bean and Avocado Breakfast Burrito
Our Scrambled Egg, Black Bean and Avocado Breakfast Burrito is a great on-the-go option. Filled with scrambled eggs, avocado, black beans and Mexican-inspired seasoning, this breakfast wrap is a flavourful way to fuel your day. Wrapped up in a Dempster’s® Tortilla Original 10”, it's convenient enough to take with you on your commute. Serves two.
- 2 Dempster's® Original 10" Tortillas
- 4 eggs, scrambled
- Pinch each salt and pepper
- 4 tsp (20 mL) butter
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) black beans
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) tomato salsa
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Beat eggs with 1 tbsp (15 mL) water, and salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in nonstick skillet set over medium heat; pour in egg mixture.
- Cook, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes or until eggs are set and soft curds have formed.
- Spoon scrambled eggs down along centre of each tortilla, leaving small border at each end.
- Top with beans, cheese, avocado, salsa and cilantro.
- Fold up bottom of tortilla over filling, then fold in sides and roll up tightly.