Turkey and Spinach Egg White Omelette Breakfast Sandwich
Preparation 10 min
Total 15 min
Fuel your day with our Turkey and Spinach Egg White Omelette Breakfast Sandwich. This hearty, satisfying sandwich packs plenty of fresh flavours between tasty Dempster’s® 100% Whole Grains 12 Grain Bread slices. Serves four.
- 8 slices Dempster's® 100% Whole Grains 12-Grain Bread, toasted
- 2 cups (500 mL) egg whites
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil, divided
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) finely chopped onion
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) mayonnaise
- 4 slices turkey
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Whisk together egg whites, salt and pepper; set aside. In 8-inch (20 cm) nonstick skillet, heat half of the oil over medium heat; cook onion for 2 or 3 minutes or until tender. Add spinach; cook for about 2 minutes or until wilted. Stir into egg white mixture.
- Stir remaining oil into skillet until heated; pour in egg white mixture. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until starting to set around edges; flip over and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until fully set.
- Spread mayonnaise evenly over 4 slices of bread. Cut omelette into 4 portions; divide evenly over mayonnaise. Top with turkey, cheese and tomato slices. Cap with remaining bread.
Tip: These omelettes are also delicious made with mozzarella or aged white Cheddar cheese.