Vegetarian Spinach and Feta Tortilla Frittata Cups
These Vegetarian Spinach and Feta Tortilla Frittata Cups are easy appetizers you can whip up for any occasion. Dempster’s® Spinach 10” Tortillas serve as cups for a savoury and satisfying spinach, feta and egg filling. This versatile vegetarian appetizer is sure to wow any crowd. Serves twelve.
- 3 Dempster's® Spinach 10" Tortillas
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 4 cups (1 L) packed spinach
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper, divided
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) milk
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely crumbled feta cheese
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Cut each tortilla into four 4-inch (10 cm) rounds; fit rounds into 12 muffin cups. Bake for 3 to 5 minutes or until lightly crisped but not browned.
- Let cool completely in muffin cups set on rack.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in skillet set over medium heat; cook spinach, garlic, and half of the salt and pepper for 3 to 5 minutes or until wilted.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, and remaining salt and pepper.
- Divide spinach and feta among tortilla cups.
- Pour egg mixture over top. Top each with tomato half.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until filling is set.
- Let stand for 10 minutes; remove from muffin cups.