Chicken Wraps with Cabbage, Apple and Cranberry Slaw
Chicken Wraps with Cabbage, Apple and Cranberry Slaw are quick and tasty lunch or dinner options. A Dempster’s® Original 10” Tortilla pairs beautifully with chicken and a homemade slaw to deliver a fresh and flavourful dish. This versatile recipe has a lot of substitution options, so it's easy to make it your own with whatever you have in the pantry. Serves four.
INGREDIENTS4 Dempster’s® Original 10” Tortillas 2 tbsp (30 mL) plain Greek yogurt 1 tbsp (15 mL) apple cider vinegar 1 tbsp (15 mL) grainy mustard 1 tbsp (15 mL) honey 1 clove garlic, minced 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) thinly sliced red cabbage 1 cup (250 mL) thinly sliced kale, stems removed 1/2 apple, finely chopped 1/4 cup (60 mL) dried cranberries 1/4 cup (60 mL) toasted sliced almonds 3 tbsp (45 mL) mayonnaise 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard 8 oz (250 g) sliced cooked chicken 1 ripe avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced
- Whisk together yogurt, vinegar, grainy mustard, honey, garlic, salt and pepper.
- In large bowl, toss together cabbage, kale, apple, cranberries and almonds; toss with yogurt mixture. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Stir mayonnaise with Dijon mustard.
- Arrange tortillas on work surface; spread mayonnaise mixture evenly down along centre of each tortilla. Top with chicken, leaving small border at either end. Top with avocado and slaw.
- Fold in sides of tortilla over filling; roll up tightly. To serve, cut in half.
Substitute cooked turkey for chicken if desired.
Substitute raisins and/or nuts, such as pecans, for cranberries if desired.