- 2 slices Dempster’s® Whole Grain Multigrain Bread, toasted
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) white vinegar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lime juice
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) crumbled blue cheese
- 1 slice cooked bacon, crumbled
Bring skillet of water and vinegar to simmer over medium heat. Crack eggs into small dish, then slip into simmering water, one at a time. Gently swirl water while eggs cook; cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until desired doneness. Transfer to paper towel-lined plate; set aside.
Meanwhile, mash together avocado, lime juice and salt; spread evenly over toast. Top with halved tomatoes.
Top each toast with poached egg. Sprinkle with blue cheese and bacon.
Tip: For added fresh flavour, garnish with torn fresh basil or parsley.