Hawaiian Grilled Cheese
Preparation 5 min
Total 10 min
Ham, peppers and sweet pineapple will make this a famliy dinner night favourite.
- 2 Slices Dempster’s® 100% Whole Grains 12 Grain Bread
- 2 Slices Marble Cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Diced ham
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Diced red pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Diced pineapple
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Softened butter
- ASSEMBLE sandwich by placing a slice of cheese on one slice of bread. Sprinkle ham, peppers and pineapple on the cheese. Top with the second slice of cheese and remaining slice of bread. Butter the outside of the sandwich on both sides. PLACE a small non-stick skillet over medium heat. Grill the sandwich for 2-3 minutes per side or until the cheese has melted and the bread is golden brown and toasty.
Tip: Substitute mayonnaise for softened butter.