- 8 slices Dempster’s® Whole Wheat Bread
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped Bibb lettuce
- 1/2 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 vine-ripe tomato, chopped
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, quartered
- 4 oz (125 g) chopped cooked lobster meat
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) ranch dressing
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped chives
- Cracked black pepper
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Lightly coat muffin cups with cooking spray. Trim crusts from bread. With rolling pin, roll out each slice to 1/8-inch (3 mm) thickness. Press into muffin cups.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly toasted; let cool completely. Fill toast cups with lettuce, avocado, tomato, hard-cooked eggs and lobster. Drizzle with ranch dressing. Garnish with chives and pepper.
Tip: Add a little crumbled cooked bacon to the salad cups if desired.