- 8 slices Dempster’s® Supergrains Bread, toasted (crusts removed)
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) spreadable light cream cheese
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 6 cups (1.5 L) sliced mixed mushrooms (such as cremini, shiitake and oyster)
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) fresh thyme leaves
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and freshly ground pepper (approx.)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) white wine
- 1 tsp (5 mL) finely grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) shredded Parmesan cheese
Arrange bread on large baking sheet; broil for 2 or 3 minutes per side or until lightly toasted. Let cool completely. Spread cream cheese on one side of each piece of toast and cut into 4 triangles.
Meanwhile, in large, deep skillet, heat oil with butter over medium-high heat; cook mushrooms, shallots, half of the thyme, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, for about 10 minutes or until browned and mushrooms are tender. Pour in wine; simmer for 2 minutes or until all liquid has evaporated. Stir in lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Spoon mushroom mixture over each toast point; sprinkle with remaining thyme leaves and cheese.