Philly Cheesesteak Quesadilla
Preparation 10 min
Total 20 min
Gooey, rich and melty, this Philly Cheesesteak Quesadilla is a tribute to the classic sandwich. A Dempster’s® Original 10” Tortilla is filled with roast beef and veggies and loaded with provolone and Parmesan cheese. The result is an irresistible dish that doubles as dinner or a hearty appetizer. Serves two.
- 2 Dempster’s® Original 10” Tortillas
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced
- 4 white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 6 provolone cheese slices
- 4 roast beef slices
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) tomato sauce
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Sriracha hot sauce
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; sauté onion, pepper, mushrooms, garlic, salt and pepper for 5 to 8 minutes or until vegeta-bles are tender.
- Place 2 slices of provolone cheese on one side of each tortilla; divide roast beef, mushroom mixture and Parmesan cheese over top. Place remaining slices of provolone cheese on top; fold tortilla over to en-close filling.
- Preheat panini press according to manufacturer's instructions; cook quesadillas in press for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese melts. Cut into wedges.
- Meanwhile, heat tomato sauce with hot sauce over low heat until sim-mering. Serve quesadillas with sauce.